Sunday, October 18, 2009

Swampgas

This summer my brother asked me: What if they did to other monster archetypes what Twilight did to vampires? And I said to him quite plainly, "horrible things."

This is the cover for a process book of any subject/story we wanted (for school). I chose to redo Creature From The Black Lagoon in a satirically Twilight way, after talking about it with my brother this summer. It was a tough choice between The Creature From The Black Lagoon and The Wolfman, but it's  sometimes a lot more fun to draw scales instead of fur.  I'll post some of the other pages from the book soon  (more of a pamphlet, really)

7 comments:

DK-Chris said...

I have been following your blog for a little while now, I really like this image though, really quite humorous in some sort of somber way (if that makes any sense...).

I had a question though, do you usually use pre-made fonts when doing your pieces that have text on them or do you make your own, and if so how do you usually go about it?

kuskus said...

Absolutely hilarious.

Ken Knafou said...

Solid work as always!

Lou Anders said...

This is awesome!

Jon Hanson said...

Penny Arcade did this sort of thing recently, though I perfer yours.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/10/12/

Augie Pagan said...

Tom, your Creature from the Black Lagoon kicks ass! Nice piece man. Glad to see he finally got the girl.

sebastian meyer said...

Freakin love it, I laughed out loud seeing this image. The expression on the creature from the black lagoon is priceless!