Thursday, April 02, 2009

Oh, That Monday

This is a quick comic I did for my contemporary narrative class. The project was we had to write a 4 sentence story a few weeks ago, and then for this project we had to take our short story and then combine with a short story from the anthology we use for the class. I combined my story with a short story called "Dog Monday's Vigil". I originally chose it for no better reason than it was the shortest story I could find in the book (it's an anthology of canadian short stories, alright? Can you blame me?), but it ended up being a really touching, heart-warming story about a dog named Dog Monday who waited for his master for 4 years at a train station while he was away fighting in World War One. It has a happy ending, and it made me cry (happy tears), so if you get the chance, you should check it out. It'll lift your spirits. So anyway, I did this yesterday. I tried to do it as fast as I can, so the art is really... Bunk. But I added color to it to hopefully compensate. Anyway, I just wanted to have fun doing it. I loved drawing Dog Monday looking out the window. I have a friendly yellow lab at home, so I tried to model Dog Monday after him.











PS: My 4-sentence short story was: Dwayne was lonely. One day a woman named Candace moved in next door. Dwayne asked her out on a date and she accepted. Dwayne wasn't lonely anymore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

typo alert. :)

the erudite baboon said...

I love the dog's expressions - so full of energy, just like a real dog. Made me smile!

Epic said...

Agree with "the erudite baboon", the dog's face is hilarious, specially the first picture, look at the neck hahaha

Matt Rhodes said...

oh man, that's beyond adorable. Monday's expression change from the end of page 1 to the beginning of page 2 is hilarious. if you took this dog, and published a fully finished story, it would do so freakin well.

cheap jerseys said...

But I added color to it to hopefully compensate. Anyway, I just wanted to have fun doing it. I loved drawing Dog Monday looking out the window. I have a friendly yellow lab at home, so I tried to model Dog Monday after him.