Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jim Warnock

This is for a project where we draw a portrait of someone based on what's written about them in their obituary. This is Jim "The Tiger" Warnock, from Ontario. He lived from 1926 through till 2006.



I also wanted to do a portrait in landscape format. Because it's ironic. The colors are a bit washed out in the original, to give it a more children's book/baby feel, but blogger compressed it a second time and now it's extra dusty looking. But I hope the idea gets across.

Also, I used the song "You're So Cool" by Hans Zimmer as inspiration. I really wanted my picture to go along with the mood and feeling of the song. I would love to have just a looping animation of this tiger running with the baby on its back with the music playing. I think it would suit it excellently. Particularly from 0:55-1:25. You can find the song here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ab1l2TwFp8&feature=related . I think it can go without saying that the video has nothing to do with my picture. It's just footage from the movie the track was from: True Romance.