Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Werewolf (+scarier version)



Tried my hand at horror this afternoon. My friend Chase Toole pointed out to me how he's never seen a "good" werewolf design. He made his case, and for the most part, I agreed with him. So around lunch time I made it my mission to draw a werewolf that was a: scary, b: unique, c: disturbing. I left it for a while and came back and decided it needed to be scarier so i changed it up a little bit. I think it is scarier, and I believe almost everyone would agree, but I think it looses some of its character and uniqueness. The new scarier version seems more along the lines of something someone is just bound to draw eventually by throwing together "scary" parts. But, whatever. I think it's still unique, and I'm kinda proud of it. A bit fast, and the human anatomy was rushed like all get out and looks like butt, but I wanted to get my idea on paper as soon as possible

5 comments:

jovial_cynic said...

holy crap, man. That's the freakiest thing I've seen in a long time. I think I'm going to link to it under my "horror of horrors" section on my site.

Tooled! said...

hahahahaha. nice, mang.

HAJiME said...

Fantastic. Actually looks like the beast takes over the man like a puppet, as opposed completely tranforming.

Scythemantis said...

The insanely exaggerated one is cool and one would expect it to be more up my alley as a lover of bizarre monsters, but the more "normal" one manages to be absolutely fascinating. It's a perfect transformation and really does make me more interested in the idea of a werewolf, something I always found a generic and unimpressive monster.

hermes birkin said...

Good post. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

cheap android tablet
wenger backpack
swissgear backpack

Hermes replica
hermes birkin replica
Replica Hermes
Hermes Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags